That you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith…for in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” (Romans 1:12; 17)
The mission of Life Groups is to create Biblical disciples in relational environments (Acts 2:42-47).
It is our belief that Life Groups are the model for how the church is to function in relationship with God and each other (Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:25).
Life Groups are Jesus’ model for discipleship by:
• Doing life together in everyday relationships and through everyday opportunities (Acts 2:42-47).
• Celebrating the life and faith we have in Jesus (Galatians 2:20; John 10:10).
• Pointing others to the life they can receive through Jesus (John 3:16; 14:6).
• Reproducing the life and faith of Jesus by making disciples of others (Matthew 28:19-20).
• Shepherding disciples through God’s word and ministering to their needs (Acts 20:28; 1 Peter 5:2-4; Hebrews 13:20-21).
• Holding each other accountable to the work and grace of God in our lives (Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 2:14).
Jesus modeled for us the importance of a Life Group when He met with the twelve disciples. Life Groups provide an atmosphere of open and authentic relationships that are best used of God to bring us to spiritual wholeness and maturity.